Friday, August 27, 2010

Penny Candy That Costs A Dime

Caramel Apple PopsHere's where exhaustion and hunger can lead: Ten for a dollar Caramel Apple Pops at the Kelly's Market on Highway M. There's a new kid behind the counter who gave me a well delivered "Candy blog, you say?" as we danced together in the neon glow of the Mobil gas station delighting in Tootsie's price points.

Row of Caramel Apple PopsThey might look (and open) like profalactics on a stick, but they taste a lot better. Of course I bought ten—I almost dragged the cardboard display to the counter and dumped out the lot of them. I hadn't eaten and both the Middleton Copps and Gyro place were closed, which is why I was shopping for dinner at the gas station. I might still buy them all and get the kid's name and photo.

Green Caramel Apple Pops
They come in the classic Green Apple flavor along with Red Macintosh and Golden Delicious. Watch out, they stick to everything, not just thoughtlessly placed napkins, but Corelle plates even before you've gotten them wet, uh, started to eat them, um, sucked on them—can't win here, giving up.

You can't taste the various apples until you've worked off the outer candy a bit, at which point setting it down anywhere acts like an adhesive tantamount to super glue.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:25 PM

    Fantastic blog, I hadn't come across wiscandy.blogspot.com previously in my searches!
    Continue the excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, firing it up again after a little hiatus

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't bring myself to eat these. Probably because of your description of "prophylactics on a stick" was a little too accurate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! OMG! I've missed this blog!!!

    "They might look (and open) like profalactics on a stick, but they taste a lot better." Spoken from experience, I presume? ;p

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, Cybele, that's because the wrapping comes off like a rubber...ummm, I'll stop now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ur sweet, C.!
    I'll say nothing more (but yes).

    ReplyDelete

No Spam Zone