Friday, June 24, 2011

Hot Tamales Cotton Candy

Hot Tamales Cinnamon Flavored Cotton Candy is a great idea that twirls one of my favorite childhood candies into spicy spun sugar. Despite an initial burst of something too strong, it's perfectly sweet and peppery.



The flavors perk up when the tufts melt in your mouth and turn into a melty crunch. I love how the familiar cinnamon sting follows the sugar residue.

The pink clouds of  spiced cinnamon are addictive with 37 sugars in half a bag if you're counting.  It's a pretty close Hot Tamales approximation and should please the red hot, red dollar, and atomic fire ball crowd.

Bonus: My almost twenty something cousin and Dish taste tester said "i wish I could like this multiple times" when I posted the photo on Facebook.


3 comments:

  1. Wow! I would LOVE to try this! I don't think we have this in Canada. At least, I haven't seen it anywhere. I have to say that my toddler was sneaking some Halloween candy and wound up with some Hot Lips! Bwahahahaha! Her reaction was classic. She hasn't touched the Halloween candy since!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I find some I'll mail it to you, but I've been taking a real close look lately and bet it's a warm weather candy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very funny about L.O.

    ReplyDelete

No Spam Zone