Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Roll Me In Chocolate And Call Me In The Morning

The Burlington ChocolateFest starts this Friday, a 25-year-old event that somehow slipped my mind the last few years. But it's all coming back, the chocolate bacon, chocolate sculptures, candy wrapper costumes, everything going all melty in the heat.
There are rides and stages and townies and FIBs and a parade, but the tent is where you want to be.
Look at some of the stuff they have planned.
A flash mob will dance to Choco Choco Latte on Sunday, so, surprise. Be in the chocolate tent on Friday at 5 pm to participate (and get a free ticket). 
There are Chocolate Eating Contests and a Man Vs Chocolate event. Don't you wish it really were a sweet delicious insect attracting tent made entirely of chocolate?
I'm not encouraging this kind of gross overindulgence, but I'm not discouraging it either.
-The Carnival starts at 5 pm on Wednesday, May 23.
-ChocolateFest proper starts at 4 pm on Friday May 25 (10 am on Saturday and Sunday, 11 am on Monday). It ends on Memorial Day, May 28, at 8 pm.
Follow the links for schedules.
Burlington is over by Milwaukee down by Kenosha and Racine. The fest directions hilariously only show a map of the grounds.


4 comments:

  1. I'm discouraging that type of overindulgence, it's not even interesting - it's just gross. Especially for the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you, Rodzilla, on the one hand I'm eating a lot healthier, on the other there's chocolate.
    Guess I'll see how gross it is this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ill come with you haha. That bacon dipped in chocolate ahh it's killing me.
    enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was kind of gross. I made my nephew eat it, haha. It sounds like I'm going up north for the weekend, however, it's in the 90s up there...
    You too, Malou!

    ReplyDelete

No Spam Zone