Thursday, March 15, 2007

Peeps Cocoa Bunnies

Cocoa PeepsPeeps. You know 'em, you love 'em, you want some more of 'em.
I like the Peeps Cocoa Bunnies because their marshmallow innards contrast nicely with the chocolate coating.
Whether you eat one ear at a time or shove the whole thing in your mouth, how cute are those chocolate dotted faces. One of mine had an unsightly mole.
These might be too good for stoners, no offense, and best eaten fresh. That way they're light and airy the way a marshmallow should be. And sugar seeking pets have an easier time of it when one falls their way.
Is it because I rarely have Peeps fresh from the package, or does the dusting of cocoa powder make the Cocoa Bunnies so delectable? I could hardly pose them for a photo without:
A. Wondering what they'd taste like grilled between two graham crackers and a slab of Hershey's chocolate
B. Hoping it got cold enough to dunk them into steaming cups of Chocolate Malt Ovaltine
C. Tearing into the row of four like a wild dog
I've never had Peeps Cocoa Bats, or Peeps Cocao Cats (lovingly mutilated by William at Chocolate Obesession), but I can't imagine they're much different. Peeps Cocoa Bunnies aren't overwhemingly chocolate―can you be overwhelmingly Peep?
Enough of those silly lollipops, I want my Peeps room temp and ready to slide down my throat like a sugar coated oyster.
Mmmm, oyster Peeps.

6 comments:

  1. And I thought oyster shots were disgusting. Do I smell a theme for the Easter Buffet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. chocolate bunny peeps. i am running down to the drug store right now to get me some

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Connie,
    They just might be the perfect mid-term food.
    Best. Peeps. Ever.
    P.S. I like your new haircut.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually love peeps. It's one of those childhood habits that are hard to kick. Plus, they're squishy and cute and like the only marshmellows that I'd willingly eat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Imani,
    Until these I'd only eat my Peeps three weeks after Easter. I can say nothing bad about our friend the marshmallow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:05 AM

    None taken.

    ReplyDelete

No Spam Zone