Saturday, March 03, 2007

Peeps Pop Sliders

Peeps PopsThese weren't what I expected.
I expected Peeps dispensers twisting out marshmallow concentrate glazed in fine sugar. Maybe if I'd read the label.
These pop sliders measure smaller than a Pez dispenser, and harbor lipstick type hard candy.
The Peeps Marshmallow Lollipop initially smacked of toasted marshmallow, then quickly lost its taste, picking up a whiff of plastic from the container. It didn't help that invisible bits of plastic clung to the yellow sucker. Don't bite into it, because the Marshmallow Pop Slider is downright nasty.
TIP: Using the purple slider button lifts the wrapper up and off.
If you have the mind of a small child (as I do), watch out for rough surfaces when using them as a lipstick. Peeps sliders don't leave a color, but coat your lips with enough gloss to attract bees.
The two other flavors, Strawberry Cream and Blue Raspberry, fare better. The Strawberry also whiffed of plastic while retaining a slight berry flavor. The Blue Raspberry tasted like a Popsicle to the teeth cracking end. Too sweet for me though.
On the Peeps side, they're basket friendly and pass muster as a novelty candy.

4 comments:

  1. i love me my peeps, but that's just taking it too far...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like 'em stale and full of Easter grass. I notice they have them for St. Paddy's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peeps in a can. Wow, they will try anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cheryl,
    I'd stick to those fancy Snickerdoodles, which look fab btw.

    ReplyDelete

No Spam Zone