Sunday, March 30, 2008

Procrastination Sunday: Easter

Snowy EasterLast Sunday

Favre retired Satan, what gives?
Getting back to the four pounds of Betsy Ann Easter chocolate, here's what we thought:
Keep sending us free chocolate.
The favs included the Amaretto Truffle Egg, which Vincenzo seemed to swallow whole after wandering in from doing whatever it is teenagers do at that time of night. (Channeling Andy Rooney again. What, he's not dead?) Vince described it as "very smooth." At least I think that's what he said. It sounded more like "Vrrsmove." Maybe he said, "Vixen, move." She was glued to the spot where a micro crumb of candy dropped.
Phil 3 loved the Crunchy Peanut Butter Truffle Egg, giving it an "Oh Yeah. Uh huhm." I was on something like my 13th egg at that point and passed, but found the smooth Peanut Butter Egg too light, and too, uh, smooth.
Bug and Austin here, loved the Milk Chocolate Marshmallow Egg, which recieved a 5 out of 5 from Bug and a 4 from Austin. Bug also gave the Sitting Bunny the highest rating.

Bug and AustinPhil gave the Jamaican Rum Truffle a cautionary "Wow. It's just like taking a sip of rum."
He thought the Pecan Meltaway Egg was a bit sweet, wuss, but we both ranked it quite high. It was one of my favorite eggs.
The Cookies & Cream which got me a "Where are you putting it?" because I was making everybody sick with my capacity for sugar consumption, was a 4 out of 5. I found the Fudge Nut as tempting as the Pecan Meltaway. The Fudge Nut rivaled a fresh slab of Dells fudge, but Neither Phil nor Bug agreed. What do they know.
I was the only one still eating candy when I raved about the Double Milk Chocolate Truffle. Before I make all of you ill—too late?—I must mention the Milk Chocolate Butter Cream, which I gave a 4.75. Phil gave it a 1.5 out of 5. Double wuss.
Had enough? No? The Betsy Ann American Chocolates Easter Collection will be available through April 30.

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I drooled all over that last comment! Uh oh....here oes again! Ggaaggaggaaaa....drrrrooool...slurp...oh mannnnnnnnn! Those look GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooooooh! I'm with Olga on this one! I was salivating all over the keyboard. Mmmmmmmm....Chocolate!!! Yikes, did I just sound like Homer Simpson??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did I hear free chocolate? Yum! Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've bet you've heard that a lot, Olga!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The kids and I are hoping to do a little candy shopping today, C. Keep on drooling, it's good for the constitution.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lisa, hope to be able to visit you and your photos soon; just got a very large box of Tootsie Pop Drops last week.

    ReplyDelete

No Spam Zone