Six Long Overdue Things About Yourself
A meme I promised Patti
What does cannoli have to do with it (have to do with it)? I took photos at Festa Italiana with this meme on my mind and my mind on my meme.
1. I believe you could plan weddings and write novels by looking at a cannoli on a plate. If you're Italian.
That baby right there is dreaming of cannoli.
"Ehh, AngeLAH! I'd like to dip my cannoli in your chocolate heh, heh, heh."
"Go #@!* yourself."
2. I was born Italian, Irish, and possibly Norwegian.
I was raised Italian.
That's wine drinking, too many sweats eating, plate cleaning, sun soaked, broken English speaking, Roman Catholic Church going, wine cellar next to the laundry room sneaking into, Italian. Think of The Jungle Book if Mowgli grew up in The Bush.
3. I wouldn't be writing this now if the sun were out.
4. I panic whenever I see a nun and my right hand makes this involuntary motion like I'm throwing away a cigarette under a bathroom stall.
5. The Irish side call themselves Dempsey, grandma's maiden name, rather than Olson, grandpa's last name.
Grandma Olson (Dempsey) colored her hair red till the day she died.
This isn't her. However this Palermo's Pizza church lady was cool and...
6. I see dead people.
I do, especially at Festa and especially my Aunt Dora who reminds me of Estelle Castanza.
What about this photo except that guy's white-boy-butt isn't funny? Note my dead aunt using the wheelchair for her purse. And that chic in the corner—hilarious. I love Festa.