Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Candy Camp

Eating candy at Duck CreekIt was a long, mostly sunny holiday weekend. Camper flaps opened, ponds overflowed with fresh water, and a young kid's thoughts turned to candy.
Meet some of the sugar fiends from Duck Creek Campground in lovely Wyocena, WI. You'll hear more from them this summer.

Briana,Superfruit Mix"I like both of them."


This is Briana (Brooke's twin). She can't decide between Jelly Belly Superfruit Mix or Jelly Belly Sunkist Citrus Mix.
I'll be honest, this buzzing little group of sugar bees weren't all that discerning. Although there was the "I can't have Red 40" girl seen in the top photo chowing down pretty good on a Bluberry Now and Later (blue 1)—let me find another photo of Camille.

"I can't have Red 40."


Here she is, not a happy camper, ha, happy camper. She was testing a box of Sour Gummy Popcorn, making her more of a Yellow 5 sort of girl.

Camille and Sour Gummy Popcorn"Just like really sour, like fruit snacks sort of."


For all the grimaces and minor "blechs" (coming from me holyhotcatinatubofbutter the stuff is nasty), Sour Gummy Popcorn from Walgreen's got 5 out of 5 from Camille (who wanted to know if it was currently available for the average consumer such as herself).
It was the only candy not directly from the All Candy Expo.

Austin, Now and Later"I think I give it a Red 40."


This kid, Austin, was cracking me up. Redheads, I knew a kid like that who used to put ants in my hair.
Austin is sporting a Wisconsin tan and sampling a Strawberry/Banana Splits Now and Later.

Jelly Belly Superfruit MixThe Superfruit Mix, despite child proof flavors such as Acai (ah-sah-EE/ah-"sigh"-EE) Berry , Cranberry, and Pomegranate, finally won Briana over. The Jelly Belly Superfruit Mix also contains Barbados Cherry and Blueberry flavored beans.

I got ratings from 2 to "a billion gazillion" (from guess who, later rumored to have slunk back into camp saying he gave one of the candies "a one").
More from Candy Camp later. Next, a lovely guest post from the woman who gave us the definition of maupted—"what you get when you use a muppet as living room flooring"—Jill, aka, Lil Mouse.

14 comments:

  1. I like Briana's shirt!
    I used to have a 66 Chevelle about that color blue when I was a kid back in the mid 70's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother had a little red one in the seventies. They were generally considered pieces of crap, no?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're breakin' my heart! Mine had a 327 with 4 in the floor. Loved it at the time.
    If it was a piece of crap? I didn't realize it at the time.
    It was something to spin wheels and pick up chics with!
    But I'd rather have a 2009 Honda Accord Coupe V-6 Auto now days! That is if I was lookin for somethin' flashy for the ladies?
    Which I'm not......So, I'll settle for the Honda Fit Sport 4 cyl. Auto, and get some of that 32 plus miles to the gallon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're still going on about the Honda Fit; weird I haven't seen any on the road.
    I loved my '68 Mustang too, but it alas, was truly a piece of shit. A lemon though, unlike the Chevelle, which were all pieces of crap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the sound bites!!! So cool. I can't have red 40. (you know I'm going to go around saying that...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, I did not know that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. now you do, Jeanna--"I can't have Red 40". People kept looking at me and going, "huh?!" Especially when they said, "Can you--" and I'd say, "I can't have Red 40." And they'd get this "look". Priceless.

    Almost as good as doing Taco Time commercials. "Why can't "we" have a contest like Taco Time, boss?"

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE Jelly Bellys. I haven't been to the huge Jelly Belly store/factory in Southern WI, though--have you??

    By the way, they always call them "Brat Frys" in the part of WI I grew up in--haven't you ever heard that expression? *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Jodi, do they make alert bracelets for that? It sucks, btw.
    I'm thinking not a big problem with your love bean, chocolate?
    Taco Time, don't know it, but I did buy taco fixin's tonight. Has something to do with rewatching the last season of Weeds.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey there, Miss H.
    I love the idea, and admire their imagination.
    Haven't been, but a blog bud, Lisa of Lisa's Chaos has and loved it. Have been thinking of going there for the new blog.
    No, that's funny. Where you from again? The Milwaukee relatives use expressions like "down over there by" and blame everything on the "lake effect."

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm originally from Hilbert, WI--near Appleton. Are you near Madison??

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah, a Fox Valley girl. Yup, I'm a Madisonian.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like you found a great crew of taste testers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Don't think I'm going to let you out of it that easily, Lisa.

    ReplyDelete

No Spam Zone