Saturday, May 23, 2009

Lady Lunch With Jackie and Clara

Clara meets the bagWelcome to lady lunch with Jackie (red toenails) and Clara (white paws). Today we're eating sugar.
We sampled many products from the Expo on their lovely patio, trying to separate the reviewable from the put in a bag for the kids (who did nothing but grumble about their not brief enough photo shoot—teenagers, who needs 'em?).

Andy,Vince Is eating a sucker covered in chili pepper asking too much? At least I thought those were suckers.
Let's start with the best, a real surprise, Sweet and Salty Caramel Bugles.
They're very good—a light and full flavored caramel Bugle, tasting more sweet than salty, with less Bugles corn taste and more corn crunch. They really impressed Jackie, and I had to agree.

Clara,Caramel BuglesThe size is meant for snacking, Bugles fit well in your hand, and make easy outdoor eating. The Caramel Bugles were a big ol' hit (with the humans, Clara was more into the Puppy Chow type Bugles). Jackie said they reminded her of really fresh caramel corn.

Bugles CaramelCaramel Bugles are lightly sweet and crunchy

Jackie,Clara,P&B Choc BuglesChocolate Peanut Butter Bugles are similar to Puppy Chow

Ever had Puppy Chow? One of the nephews (Guido) wanted it for Christmas, the easiest present I ever made. Sweet & Salty Chocolate Peanut Butter Bugles are better.

Chocolate Peanut Butter BuglesThe Chocolate PB Bugles aren't as thick or rich as homemade Puppy Chow, and that's a good thing. They taste more like Bugles than the Caramel (which for me is a detriment because I overdosed on original Bugles back when I was still putting them on my fingers and drinking Fizzies).
Both Jackie and Clara thought more of the chocolate peanut butter corn snacks than I did, even though Jackie is not a peanut butter and chocolate fan. She thought it remained a Bulges product while allowing the individual flavors to come through.
Both the girls took in the aroma and bagged them for later.

Chocolate Peanut Butter BuglesGeneral Mills shows Caramel Bugles volume growth up 74.6 percent compared to a 10.1 percent increase in the original Bugles, stats for the Chocolate PB Bugles weren't included. I'm guessing kids will love them.
Jackie and Clara will be back with more thoughts from the patio tomorrow.

Cadbury Clara

15 comments:

  1. eye on the prize, clara!

    now i've got a hankering for puppy chow...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You like that stuff, BB?
    Would you ever be interested in samples if they cross over to the new blog? I'd like some local talent to guest post on Inside the Cheddar Curtain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never liked regular bugles but love the caramel ones. But they're very hard to find.

    When I was a kid we used bugle as a substitute swear word. Dunno why, but the default thing to call someone was a bugle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really, that's very funny, Cybele. I found a few places online for the Caramel, but no sign of the puppy chow mix except at the Expo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clara is a doll! Makin' me hungry before I hit the sack!

    ReplyDelete
  6. guest post?! i'm a little vaklempt! it'd be an honor...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool, Bon. If anything strikes you for June, let me know. I am, after all, staying inside the Cheddar Curtain.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The caramel Bugles sound good. Who knew they could be candy-coated? Not I.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you can coat Chex with peanut butter, chocolate, and powdered sugar, you can coat Bugles with caramel, UH.
    Your package should be on its way in a day or two.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't know that they had Caramel Bugles now!--oh my gosh, I have to try them! I LOVE the Chocolate PB Bugles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I may get them online if I don't find them in the stores. Haven't seen the Choc PB ones either, but they're a nice change I think. (Nothing beats RR1 CC Winkle though.)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Puppy Chow and the Chocolate Peanut Butter Bugles are AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I saw the chocolate pb bugles at the store and hesitated on them since I didn't know if they were any good. Glad to hear they are. I'll pick up a bag next time they are on sale :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. They're pretty good, Theresa, bu those caramel ones I still remember from the Expo. DEElish.

    ReplyDelete

No Spam Zone