Saturday, May 23, 2009

Inside The Cheddar Curtain

I love the idea of a Cheddar Curtain, it reminds me that I'm on the right side.

Kennedy ExpresswayOnly the sweet siren song of the All Candy Expo (which is on the wrong side of the curtain) could make me drive through this. I was in morning traffic so long I had nothing to do but sort through road maps—therefore I didn't get lost on the way there. (I did however, get lost in the parking lot and on the way back. How many times can you circle O'Hare before they pull you out of the car and do a strip search.)

Little Green MenThis made me homesick (for Belleville). Where ARE those damn landing sites, why will no one tell me? Back on my To Do list with you, Belleville UFO landing strip.

The new email address is: chedcurtain@yahoo.com
The new URL is: chedcurtain.com

Don't bother, there's nothing there yet, and won't be until sometime in June. Which is, c'mon, you know that June Is Dairy Month. Is that perfect or what?

Cow PiesNot only did I get lost in the parking lot, locking myself out and ending up on the street in the hot sun headed in the wrong direction, but I was completely lost once inside the Expo.
I drove from Madison to Chicago to talk to someone from Sun Prairie who works for a place in Baraboo.

Jackie and ClaraJackie and Clara (sniffing a container of cinnamon Hot Shots candy balls) will be with you shortly.

18 comments:

  1. To find the landing strip of any UFO, just follow the UFO until it lands. Boom, done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most excellent, Random Thinker, I will be out there with a case of Leinie's and a flashlight if I can't track it from HWY 69.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Lord! Just seeing all that Baraboo chocolate treats made me drool!!! I'm soooooooo packing up Little One and Chance and booting over to yours so we can hit the Baraboo kingdom of deliciously sinful treats. I feel like Harold and Kumar sitting outside of that hamburger joint.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm eyeballin' those cow pies and badger claws!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What you gonna get at White Castle, C.?
    Boo has at least two great candy stores, and it is the home of the Ringling Brothers Circus Museum.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't think they'd make it without melting, southern boy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol, that's why I like your blog. You have such great "voice". Kind of funny you'd drive all that way and hook up with the people from back home. But you gotta admire those cow-candy displays. All those cow prints. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh man, why didn't i catch up at your blog before i went to chicago this weekend? i had no idea this was going on! plus you could have followed me there and back. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. At least he was Boo friendly, Jodi. Some of those people who had booths...let's just say a few vendors got hostile and one mooned me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would have still gotten lost, B.B. Hey, you're young, you have the energy to go to Chicago. Seriously, how do you drive there?
    How?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love being on the other side of the Cheddar Curtain--the Chicago side (the real "right side"!). *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's exactly the side we're keeping out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. well, we didn't think we were going to get any major items in chicago so our trick is to take the car only as far as it's needed, then take the metra or el in. in this case, we spent the night in rosemont where parking and hotels are cheaper. but we definitely needed a vehicle at ikea!

    as for you thinking i'm young. i accept your unrealistic compliment.

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL, BB.
    I spent about a week trying to figure out the Metra, but knowing I'd make a haul at McCormick Place and not knowing an easy and cheap way to get from Union Station stopped me.
    I think from Milwaukee, it's the best bet if you're just in for the day and know your way around.
    Funny, I always walked or drove when in Chitown.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Did anyone else notice that "Illinois" was misspelled in that Urban Dictionary link? Must have been written by a FIB I guess. =)
    We have the same sort of thing here in SoCal....we have the "Orange Curtain" to describe the line between LosAngeles and Orange Counties. I work behind the Orange Curtain.

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL, MR, didn't catch it until you brought it up. Good one.
    Sounds refreshing.
    Behind meaning in or outside of LA?

    ReplyDelete
  17. "Behind the Orange Curtain" is a negative thing. But I guess it depends on your viewpoint. The OC is known for being white, Republican, skinhead, and sort of not-with-it. Compared to LosAngeles County anyway. This was pretty accurate in the '80's but not as much anymore.
    I work in OC but live in LA county.

    ReplyDelete
  18. As long as you can close the curtain when you get home.

    ReplyDelete

No Spam Zone